In 2005, I decided to launch UtahTechJobs.com, a blog about the pitfalls and insider info for tech job searching in Utah. The site did well for me and provided an interesting benefit to me and, I hope to others in the market here.
But, I’ve let it flag a while (forever). My onetime pagerank of 5 (do people care about that anymore?) is likely near 0 or less now, and truthfully, I don’t even know.
So, I think it needs either a reboot or a retirement. I wonder what to do with it, and I wonder, oh great geek community, what benefit would you like to see from UtahTechJobs.com?
- YAJB – Yet another job board?
- Snarky and witty commentary (perhaps from other authors) about recruiting and tech in Utah?
- Pictures of geeky kittens?
One thing I had hoped was to build a comprehensive, easy-to-use repository for technical job postings in Utah, though that should likely be a sidebar, not the main theme of the site. I hoped to “open source” good job postings by making it free and easy for any company to post a legitimate job.
I also thought it might be awesome to provide a platform for local user groups to have job-posts managed by the UtahTechJobs.com site to share the wealth of interesting jobs, or to otherwise assist in promoting opportunities… but perhaps that takes away from the local user groups in some way? What if a posting to a user group promoted that user group prominently with the posting? For example, a java-related posting in Salt Lake featuring the Utah Java User Group logo and membership information/etc., in the sidebar?
Curious about your thoughts…
Oh, and this is funny…
Latest posts by Robert Merrill (see all)
- Einstein was born on Pi Day (3/14) - March 14, 2014
- Inside Corporate Recruiting Practices - March 5, 2014
- This is Water – A Brilliant Commentary on Life (repost) - March 4, 2014
- Join Me: Ask The Expert with Jason Alba - March 4, 2014