Today is my last day with Fusion-io. This has been an exceptional two years and four months. I can’t express how excited and thrilled I am that I was able to be here. It has been an amazing ride!
I came to Fusion-io in order to be a part of some of the world’s most disruptive storage technology, and that was absolutely what I got to take advantage of. The rock stars that I’ve recruited still amaze me. I know that it’s not about me, either, but it’s simply about the great technology and problems we have to solve that brings brilliant minds to work here.
I am leaving because an opportunity came knocking. I wasn’t out looking and I will repeat over and over that there is no reason I need or want to leave Fusion-io, but Monday, I will start a new adventure, in a new role, at a fantastic company doing some amazing things as impactful to human families as Fusion-io has been to digital storage… but I’ll talk more about that when the time comes.
For now, I am excited to leave behind:
- A company with an expanded technical footprint across Salt Lake City, San Jose, and Boulder.
- An exciting campus recruiting program working with more than 10 top-tier engineering schools around the country and some of the most-brilliant students I’ve ever met
- A fantastic recruiting and HR team that I wish I could spend every day with still, even though there’s other fields I need to plow.
- Terrific hiring managers that know how to really recruit and hire and retain great people.
- The chance to meet and hang out with Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple Computer and member of the Fusion-io family.
I believe fully in what Fusion-io has done and is doing. I have absolutely no regrets for leaving other than I constantly wish I could have done more to support the technology and the great people I worked with.
There are GREAT THINGS coming from Fusion-io. I will be watching from the sidelines now, but can not wait to see our great work come to full fruition.
“Do more, faster” is the company motto. I will forever be changed because of this culture and the way everyone at Fusion-io has an insatiable desire to do more than believably possible.
- hCard and human-readable contact details
- my full name (first and last) at gmail dot com
Latest posts by Robert Merrill (see all)
- Four Reasons Why Slack Is Better Than Email (and worth the learning curve) - November 16, 2015
- Hiring Managers Be Like: - September 3, 2015
- No, You Don’t *Need* a SmartWatch, But You’ll Hate Life Without It - June 25, 2015
- Why I’m Doing “The Murph” Crossfit Workout on Monday (Memorial Day) - May 22, 2015